Monday, December 1, 2008

Gobble till you Wobble!

I cooked my very first Thanksgiving this year. It went great, too! I was somewhat surprised that mostly everything turned out. Everything that is except for green bean casserole. I know, how did I mess that up!? I have no idea and after everything else was finished I didn't care. We entertained my side of the family at our house. We are having the Griswold Family Christmas this year so this was a practice run! Here is Steve-O ready to eat!


Here is my turkey. It was so good. We cleaned the bird and then added fresh rosemary and thyme under her skin. She turned out great! I have to build my serving collection!



I unfortunately came down with a stomach virus Thursday. I ate only a little of my turkey and some rolls. By the time we had to leave for Blake's family's Thanksgiving, I felt awful and did not eat a thing. It was great at my in-laws because Blake's uncle and his new wife were in town. I just love them! We hate that they live so far away! I could hang out with them all the time. Blake really favors his uncle.

Needless to say, we had a great Thanksgiving! We spent time with our families and even though I was not feeling up to par for most of the weekend it was wonderful!

0 comments: